myYouTubechannelFollowmeonTwitterStumbleUponFlickr Facebook Delicious diggredditlastfm FeedburnerTechnoratiDesignbumpBlinklist

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wow!  This is my first REAL blog!  I've blogged in the past, but this is my first time really getting into the whole art of blogging.  My first line of products is called , if you hadn't noticed!  I've designed a series of cookie jars, cell phone cases, compact mirrors, jewelry boxes and a few other things that are richly embellished with Swarovski crystals and polymer clay sweets!  Its Kawaii!  For those of you who don't know what that is, it means "Cute" and its taken on a whole life of its own in Japan and throughout Asia.  In fact, its a massive fashion trend where designers take various cute and/or delicious looking items and embellish practically anything with them.  There are at least two different aspects to Kawaii and I call them goodies or bling, hence the name of my line,   Designers make any accessory Kawaii by either covering it with delicious sweets or rhinestones and gems.  When I first encountered Kawaii, I couldn't believe my eyes!  It was literally love at first sight.  Then, I got to thinking to my self, I could do that!  I'm a perfectionist, I pay great attention to detail, I have a good amount of patience and I know what looks good!  Needless to say, I dove right into my first project and I must say, I truly surprised myself.  The whole process is a bit time consuming and costs can be a little on the expensive side, especially the Swarovski, but the results to me, are truly one of a kind.  So browse my blog, link to my Etsy and check out my boop! 
Shannon Rose for YaJata.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment